Full time remote within a distributed team.In the world, there are approximately: 9 million animal species
3 trillion trees
1, 000,000 mobile games
7.7 billion humans
Carbon Counts Tech is on the hunt for exceptional humans! We're looking for a Marketing Manager
who is partial to trees, animals, games, the earth, and memorable, impactful experiences. Are you one of the humans we're looking for?
If so, you believe in the power of technology to solve problems and to make the world a better place. ABOUT CARBON COUNTS (THE COMPANY)
Carbon Counts is an early stage, multi-country, for-profit company on a bold mission to re-green the earth. We believe in the power of people, play, community, and innovation and we are creating memorable, delightful experiences that will have a positive impact on the planet. ABOUT YOU (AS A HUMAN)
You're obsessed with understanding people from all walks of life, and your curiosity about their motivations makes you a perfect fit for your chosen marketing career. Innovation excites you and you may have been described by your friends as passionate, bold, and an exceptional communicator. You flourish as part of a team, but you accomplish great things independently, too. You care about the planet and you may have a few stories about your adventures in nature-ones you've had, or ones you want to have. ABOUT YOU (AS MARKETING MANAGER)
A versatile marketing manager, you have previous experience marketing mobile games. You're an independent thinker and are excited by the challenge of implementing and executing marketing strategies to engage millions of players. Your deep understanding of customer behaviors and motivations have facilitated the optimization of the player lifecycle communications to increase awareness, engagement, conversion and retention. You 're excited to implement projects that involve product, user acquisition, Impact | ESG teams, and more.
Professionally, you're an expert with:
- Intelligence: Analyze and manage customer insights, trends, market analysis, and best practices to implement successful marketing programs and campaigns. Identify meaningful data requirements and insights to help shape and execute your marketing strategies, plans, and programs.
- Audience: Have a keen understanding of the game target audience to distill and refine detailed user/customer/buyer personas. Understand their motivations and play patterns and lifecycle to effectively market to.
- Acquire: Partner and work closely with the UA team and creative teams to create marketing materials that communicate product positioning, features, and develop the marketing tools and campaigns to attract new customers across paid media, storefronts, social media, influencer campaigns and more.
- Management: Manage the execution of marketing programs, campaigns, and channels from start to finish.
- Brand: Manage the positioning, messaging, and branding of the game to ensure the experience and brand are accurately represented across all marketing touchpoints, including partnerships.
- Product: Partner closely with the product teams to have an in-depth knowledge of the first time user experience, key product features, monetization models to identify marketing communication opportunities to successfully further the engagement, conversion and retention of players.
- Impact | ESG (Environment, Sustainability & Governance) marketing: Partner closely with our internal impact team to successfully market and engage players in our real world environment projects and their own ability to take environmental action. These updates will be key content pushed across our in-game and social channels.
- Lifecycle marketing: Understand the player lifecycle to identify and implement a customer lifecycle marketing plan to increase engagement, conversion and retention of players to grow lifetime value.
- Engage: Develop and manage specific messaging to engage players in the product, environment projects and the power they possess to make a positive impact on the environment. Utilize automated email campaigns, timely and relevant push notifications, in-game prompts, social media and community outreach and retargeting campaigns.
- Conversion: Convert potential players into paying customers by developing strong communication strategies, including offers and incentives to increase monetization.
- Retention: Reduce churn by re-engaging lapsed players.
- Asset development: Work with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets.
- Reporting: Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market and lifecycle strategies, complete with proposals and recommendations on tactics.
- Budgets: Manage and keep the marketing budgets up to date, by working with the finance team to process marketing costs such as media and vendor payments.
- Continuous Improvement: Test and iterate initiatives for continuous improvement.
ABOUT THE JOB
- 4+ years experience in marketing or in a product marketing role with a focus in technology, apps, and/or mobile gaming is a must!
- An understanding of the competitive mobile games market
- Running marketing initiatives across a variety of partners, countries, languages and channels
- Experience partnering with external agencies to design and build creative across channels and countries
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Product marketing (a bonus if you have lifecycle marketing expertise!)
You'll report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and collaborate with UA marketing and product teams to set and personally execute marketing strategies and goals to acquire, engage, convert and retain players, while developing best-in-class standards and analysis that will ensure players around the globe discover and dive deep into our games and experiences to ultimately make a positive impact on the planet. ABOUT THE CARBON COUNTS TEAM
Biodiversity is the word for the varied animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, and other life forms that are connected and intertwined within an ecosystem. The more biodiversity, the stronger the ecosystem. We're obsessed with the idea of biodiversity-for the planet, and for the team! Currently, we're a small, mighty team with different, varied roots in different realms. Some of us have come from entertainment (think Disney). Some from game dev (think Adventure Capitalist, EA, Kabam, Activision, and Club Penguin). Some from business (think tech start-ups and Lululemon). Some from tech (think Google). Some are in conservation (think Rare.org). All of us are inspired by the possibility of changing the world, one moment, one laugh, one step, one community-one tree at a time. We know our players will come from all walks of life-and so do we. We're hiring exceptional people from a wide variety of backgrounds-it's the right thing to do and it makes Carbon Counts stronger. If you share our values and love for trees, animals, and nature, please consider applying! WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT HERE (COMPENSATION & BENEFITS)
- Very competitive salary
- Excellent employee benefits + a health and wellness spend account
- Equity participation (you own a stake in what you'll help make!)
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
- Generous training & development allowance; ongoing