Join an experienced, passionate, and well respected mine closure team based in western Canada. We are seeking an Intermediate Mine Closure Specialist to support an exciting array of local and international mine closure projects. Responsibilities will include conceptual to detailed mine closure planning, development and advancement of closure designs with mine planners, and collaborating with other mining professionals to integrate closure considerations into their work.
This is an opportunity to make an impact by applying your specialized skills to some of the mining industry's most challenging and multi-faceted projects, while working with an inclusive and respectful team. Why WSP?
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture ofInclusionandBelonging
- OurFlexible Work Policy- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- OurHybrid Work Policy- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- ACanadiansuccess story - we'reproudto wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhancethe world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstandingcareer opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyourideas and tryingnewthings.
- A phenomenalcollaborativeculture and a workforce filled with genuinelygood peoplewho are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP #GlobalMiningA day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Write, develop, and manage closure plans for mining operations (ranging from conceptual to detailed design level) in alignment with regulatory requirements and / or corporate guidance;
- Prepare and submit conceptual and detailed closure plans to regulatory agencies;
- Write technical reports, collaborate with colleagues in different disciplines and regions at WSP, and provide high quality project deliverables according to agreed timelines;
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Canadian Closure Team, and our broader Mining colleagues;
- Train and supervise junior professionals, providing technical review and input into their career development;
- Delegate tasks to junior staff, providing feedback and oversight;
- Participate in and promote a safety-first culture;
- Integrate with our global Practice Area Network (PAN) to share technical knowledge and work opportunities.
- University degree (minimum undergraduate with a preference for graduate study) in one or more fields related to mine closure (i.e., geochemistry, surface water management, mine waste geotechnics, revegetation, mining engineering, etc.);
- 6-9 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering, scient, or mining industry environment;
- Membership in good standing with a professional association (P.Geo., P.Eng., P.Ag.)
- Strong knowledge of environmental and mining regulations;
- The ability to read, process, and summarize technical information from across several disciplines.
- Developed problem solving skills and a holistic view of mine closure;
- Experience advising clients on best practices and ability to communicate the short- and long-term implications of best practice in mine closure;
- Ability to effectively delegate work and collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams;
- Excellent technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence; ability to establish good relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Ability to identify and manage competing priorities;
- A clean Driver's Abstract and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- A desire to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!