Location: Multiple Programs - Prince Albert area Position: Casual
The Multiple Program Worker provides care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental and mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Multiple Program Worker is actively engaged and fully participates in all aspects of the children, youth, and/or adults group living experience, providing care, support, and role modelling. The Multiple Program Worker works to provide the participants with a safe, nurturing, predictable, and structured living environment. The Multiple Program Worker is involved in the implementation of the participants' treatment plan and in meeting the participants emotional and physical needs. The Multiple Program Worker role provides backfill for Care Workers. Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in child and youth care (CYC) or in a related field of study is an asset.
Skills and Characteristics
- One (1) year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities Services
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Ability to lead through motivation, role modelling, and support.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage participants (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Knowledge of behaviour management and support methods.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Provide relief care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental and mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Participate in the implementation of activity plans.
- Engage and fully participate with the participants.
- Teach participants life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations using behavioural management and support methods including conflict resolution, crisis management, and life space interviewing.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management of Resources
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Communicate with the multidisciplinary team when required.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure mileage log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The successful candidate is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Successful candidates must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
The successful candidate should also be aware this is a shift work environment including night shifts and 12-hour shifts in a 7-day week operation.
Candidates who successfully complete the screening process will be placed in a qualified pool. As opportunities become available, candidates will be drawn from the pool, provided an offer of employment and invited to attend the Induction Training Program.
All mandatory documents must be included. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In accordance with the agency's COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination status.
Hourly wage range is $18.99 to $22.02.
For more information, please contact Jody Wiesner @ 306-533-9665.