Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Dec 16, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are looking for a dedicated New Equipment Prep Technician who will be responsible for the inspection, installation, adjustment and testing of a variety of Caterpillar general line products, based out of our Finning Regina branch.
This position is based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented, possess a strong mechanical aptitude and have the desire to work with Caterpillar equipment, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
- Inspect and install customer options on a variety of Caterpillar equipment
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions related to the NEP using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test new equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications
- Perform basic routine maintenance work
- Various related duties as required
- Industry related experience required (minimum 2 years)
- Certification and training in a related field would be considered an asset (ex. Automotive, Truck and Transport, Agricultural)
- Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge in heavy equipment
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Understanding of the Caterpillar product line and previous repair experience on the equipment would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with NEP in related fields would be considered an asset
- This position is located at our Finning Regina branch on a Monday-Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.