Nurse (C) 9 - Team Leader, CYMH-CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
Nurse 9 (C)
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Revelstoke, BC V0E 3K0 CA
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4S4 CA
$75,586.44 to $99,210.82 annually
Temporary Assignment (TA)
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Child and Youth Mental Health
Job Summary AMENDMENT SEPTEMBER 28, 2022: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED UNTIL UCTOBER 5, 2022
Team Leader, CYMH
Nurse (C) 9This position is also posted as a SPO 30 through REQ91692 .
We currently have a temporary opportunity to approximately April 12, 2024. This temporary appointment may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
This position may be located in Salmon Arm or Revelstoke.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Working together with youth, families and communities to achieve positive outcomesand change lives!
The Team Leader, Child and Youth Mental Health works with diverse community partners to deliver a broad range of services withinSalmon Arm, Revelstoke andthe surrounding geographic area. In this role, you arepivotal in establishing and implementing the multi-disciplinary and culturally appropriate approach to service delivery. As well, youprovide direction, leadership and support to staff within these teams for professional and integrated services delivery and must ensure adequate clinical support is provided as well as staff training and development.
Community-based Child and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) Services provide a range of specialized mental health services. These services range from mental health promotion and mental illness prevention to early intervention, treatment and support services for infants, children and youth with mental health problems, from birth to 19 years of age, and their families/caregivers. Our dedicated CYMH staff typically includes psychologists, clinical social workers, counsellors with master's degrees, and nurses who have training and expertise in CYMH. Working in a collaborative manner with the client and/or family, staff members provide services and supports that include intake, screening and referral, assessment and planning, treatment, case management, and clinical consultation.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact email@example.com
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Nursing and Licensed to practice nursing under the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NOTE:If this education was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services ( ICES ). You must provide a basic report by the closing date of this posting to be considered.
- Three or more years of in the provision of mental health services to children, youth and their families.
- Six or more months of experience leading staff in a supervisory capacity.
- Applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit with the required combination of education and experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver's licence with no restriction or equivalent (i.e. from another Canadian Province).
- May be required to work flexible hours which may include evenings/weekends.
- May be required to use own vehicle, with appropriate insurance coverage, on an expense account basis.
- Travel is a requirement, must be willing to travel regularly, this may include travelling in winter road conditions to remote locations.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process..Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Community and Social Services