The OHS Co-op Student will join the Safety team that is accountable for the implementation, coordination, and promotion of an uncompromising commitment to safety in mill production activities. This includes the organization of safety training to support operations.
This position will demonstrate a high level of commitment to safety. He/she will identify and develop program plans, and actions to implement and maintain Tolko’s Occupational Health and Safety Program. This position will focus on the strategic safety plans and standardize safety training materials, working with committees to meet the obligations of health and safety legislation, Tolko policies and other related standards and codes of practice.Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with experience and /or education in supporting the development of programs to enhance health and safety knowledge.
- Operate in a safe manner in accordance to work safe rules, regulations, and safety policies.
- Strong aptitude for the interpretation and implementation of health and safety legislation and other related standards and codes of practice.
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
We are a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For nearly 60 years, our family-owned company is recognized by our customers and business partners for delivering reliability, flexibility, efficiency and quality. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work.For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!Build your career with us and apply today!
To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today at www.tolko.com
.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings