Co-op/Intern Reference code:
102081 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
If you love to wrestle down data puzzles; If you embrace the potential of always more and more data; If you commit to solve crunchy data problems no one else can; and if you envision to make impacts that matter with data, then Omnia AI is where you want to be. What will your typical day look like?
A data engineer is passionate about data and technology solutions, is curious to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle - from architecture and design to build, test and deploy - specializing in technical data solutions, including data ingestion, data transformation and mapping, data curation, quality and governance, data preparation and consumption. You will work closely in cooperation with data scientists, report / dashboard builders and business analysts to serve up the right data, at the right time, in the right format to create business insights.
In this role, you will:
About the team
- Design, engineer and test data pipelines and platforms that enable business analytics and insights
- Translate business rules and requirements into data objects, produce associated data models and source to target mappings and write abstracted, reusable code components accordingly
- Plan/schedule tasks, be part of small development teams, and learn from the trenches
- Participate in technical meetings with client staff, and help advise clients with technical option analyses based on leading practices
As a member of our Data & Analytics Modernization team, you will help our clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Cloud Platforms, Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes and unprecedented insights.Enough about us, let's talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Enrolled in a BA/BSc or MA/MSc degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field returning to school following the co-op term
- Fascinated with data structures, data models and data patterns, interested in wrangling, joining and melting data sets together to create the foundation for analysis
- Quick to learn new technologies, easy to adapt to new environments, curious to try out new things and not intimidated by large and complicated data sets
- Exposed to and/or experienced with building data sets in the cloud (on AWS, Azure or Google platforms), on Big Data / Hadoop (using Sqoop, Kafka, Parquet, Scala, Python, etc.), or on database platforms (using SQL-like programming on SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, HBase, NoSQL databases, etc.)
- Able to work in environments with significant ambiguity, can develop creative approaches to data problems, and is curious and enthusiastic about data in the context of business and industry implications
Employees in the Ottawa practice will be required to obtain "reliability" and/or "Secret" level federal security clearances as a condition of their employment. To be eligible for a "Reliability" status you must have resided in Canada for the last five (5) years and for "Secret" level, the last ten (10) years.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 15, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET. To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document.
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Database, Intern, Equity, Engineer, Developer, Technology, Entry Level, Finance, Engineering