Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Dec 14, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide efficient and effective customer service ensuring company standards are met.
- Interfacing with the customers in person or by telephone in a prompt, courteous, business-like manner.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
- In addition to the Core Competencies*, this position requires the following:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess some knowledge of marketing strategies and planning.
- Must be able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of problems, collect data, draw conclusions and offer constructive opinions concerning day-to-day activities.
- Must understand construction phases, job situations, and project conditions for timing of approaching customer and rental products application suggestions.
- Must be knowledgeable of entire rental fleet and be able to demonstrate equipment whenever appropriate to increase customer awareness of product offerings and product applications.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook and basic computer operation.
- Three to five years of sales or marketing experience
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Constant interaction with internal staff and the public.
- Most work will be indoors with limited exposure to outside elements.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.