FIRST STUDENT is North America's largest & leading school bus company. Join our team and be a part of something great! We currently have a job opening for a 'Payroll Clerk'. This position is a 12 month Maternity leave contract. Responsibilities:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Accurately pay all drivers for charters, AM/PM routes and extra work;
- Perform hiring and status changes in PeopleSoft as well as mass layoff/recall;
- Liaise with head office regarding payroll matters;
- Use GPS system to confirm times submitted for payment;
- Other duties/special projects as assigned by Location Manager or Assistant Location Manager.
- Customer service oriented;
- Willingness to work with others
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Mathematical skills;
- Experience in payroll, preferably in a unionized environment;
- Proficient with computers, PeopleSoft and Focus experience an asset;
- Familiarity with Ebranch
- Knowledge of GTA an asset;
- Good judgement, quick learner.
- Extra time might be required to meet deadlines.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Management and Executive