AWS Marketplace is changing the way AWS customers find, subscribe to, and use software, data, and services. AWS Marketplace has achieved billions in sales, and we're just getting started. AWS Marketplace is building a set of APIs and experiences that will allow builders, ISVs, and partners to create experiences that enable customers to discover, subscribe to, and use AWS Marketplace products everywhere. The AWS Marketplace team is looking for a Principal Product Manager - Technical to lead the vision for making AWS Marketplace the preferred partner for enterprises to manage their cloud strategy across vendors.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will :
- Develop the vision and strategy for enabling sellers and buyers to manage their entitlements to software, data, and services across all service providers.
- Lead product requirements, define features, and work closely with product managers, data engineers and software engineers to deliver those features, including leading go-to-market strategies.
- Own a set of public APIs that allow customers to manage, and programmatically distribute their entitlements.
- Unlock opportunities to streamline the procurement and spend analysis process so that buyers can transact as simply as possible and strategize for subsequent transactions.
- Explore multi-cloud capabilities to enable customers to work seamlessly across on-premises and cloud services providers
- Communicate effectively to all levels within the company, both in writing and in meetings.
- Engage new and existing buyers, sellers, channel partners, and internal AWS service teams to improve our customer experience.
We're looking for someone who understands that billions in sales for AWS Marketplace is just the beginning, and that a strong set of APIs for ISVs and partners to build on will unlock the next stage of our growth.
About the team
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We enjoy on-boarding new team members through one-on-ones, buddy programs, and regular mentorship.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. We recognize that setting schedules for being in-office and working from home are personal choices, and support every employee in setting a schedule that works for them.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or BA in computer science, engineering, math, finance, or economics.
- 8+ years of product management in a technology focused business, preferably with large scale enterprise, cloud services based business experience.
- Experience owning end to end product delivery, including owning roadmap strategy and definition and making tradeoffs.
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Experience with multi-cloud strategy
- MBA or advanced quantitative/technical degree.
- Ability to work at a fast pace environment dealing with ambiguous topics, using sound judgment to drive strategy, actions and results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating, consensus-building and problem-solving, in demanding environments with internal and external stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive