Permanent Reference code
:113670 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Do you have full cycle bookkeeping or payroll experience? Are you seeking project-based work? Join our project roster!What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
Deloitte's project solutions group is actively seeking bookkeepers and payroll support professionals to assist with upcoming client opportunities. Project work will vary but tasks will include:
• Conducting full cycle bookkeeping activities, including processing AP and AR transaction and preparing journal entries;
• reviewing and organizing reconciliations and month-end or period-end files;
• processing payroll requests with a keen attention to detail; and
• providing other general administrative support in the bookkeeping and payroll space.
Our team conducts project-based work using a roster of independent contractors or temporary employees under the supervision of our experienced Project Managers. Our projects vary in length from a few weeks to several months. Roster members commit to work on a project-by-project basis and compensation is on an hourly basis. Please note that all roster members must pass a Canadian criminal background check.About the team
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• 2-4 years of full-cycle bookkeeping experience work experience
• A completed undergraduate degree in a related field, with preference given to Business Administration, Commerce or Management graduates; or
• Candidates with an Accounting diploma from an accredited community college and sufficient relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply.
• An aptitude for learning new technology platforms quickly. Strong candidates will have experience with one or more accounting software system.
• The capacity to review large volumes of data with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly effective written communication skills
• Excellent time-management, organizational, and prioritization skills
• A reliable remote work set-up, including a laptop/desktop computer and access to a secured high-speed internet connection, from anywhere in Canada.
• An ability to maintain confidentiality of informationWe are currently recruiting with individuals who are available for remote project work from August to December 2022
. Remote work must be conducted from within Canada. Exceptional candidates will be able to work in both English and French.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Bookkeeping, Payroll, Developer, Consulting, Administrative Assistant, Finance, Technology, Administrative