Purchasing Team LeaderMeadow Lake, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Purchasing Team Leader is responsible for acquiring goods, services and supplies for the Meadow Lake OSB Division. This position takes responsibility for the Division’s materials and operating supplies inventory level, ensuring accuracy and required inventory levels are attained. This includes supplier selection, contract negotiation, sourcing, cost analysis, inventory reduction initiatives and day to day order placement for materials and services.Qualifications:
- Previous purchasing experience in an OSB plant or similar environment is required;
- Proficient use of MS Office and ERP system (JDE preferred);
- Ability to negotiate, lead projects and understand the system flow;
- Have effective communication skills within all levels of the organization;
- Previous leadership experience is required;
- APICS, PMAC, CSCP, CPIM or equivalent designation is an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until a suitable pool of candidates is acquired.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Sales and Marketing