Our remote sensing team offers solutions to monitor the terrestrial and aquatic environments
ASL Environmental Sciences, based in Victoria, B.C., Canada is an employee-owned company with more than 40 years of experience in remote sensing, oceanography, and acoustics. We provide consulting services and instruments to government, industry, and academic sectors in Canada and internationally.
Our remote sensing team offers solutions to monitor the terrestrial and aquatic environments, combining decades of experience in applications and domain knowledge with the state-of-the-art technologies, data, and analytical capabilities including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
At ASL, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse set of problems, ranging from environmental monitoring to defense research, develop methods and tools for advanced analytics on large datasets, participate in defining new projects and solutions, to help solve important problems. ASL offers a friendly, professional, dynamic, and flexible work environment. Our remote sensing team mostly works remotely from the local area with flexible schedules. From time to time, some projects may require working on-site. The preferred location for this position is the Victoria, BC area but remote could be considered for the right candidate.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leadership in your area of expertise.
- Development of innovative concepts and automated tools that utilize space-based Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and electro-optical (multispectral, hyperspectral) imagery.
- Application of advanced analytics techniques for image processing, classification, change detection, and monitoring at a variety of spatial and temporal scales.
- Participation in defining new concepts and writing projects proposals.
- Writing technical project reports and presenting results.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and obtain Canadian government security clearance at Level 2.
- MSc or PhD degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, conduct, and present research.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with applications of remote sensing for aquatic and/or terrestrial environments.
- Experience working in a consulting environment will be an asset.
- Proficiency with scientific python and relevant libraries (numpy, geopandas, rasterio, dask, etc.)
- Experience using deep learning for remote sensing data analysis, leveraging standard python libraries (PyTorch, Scikit-learn).
- Experience using version control software (Git, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency producing high quality data visualizations.
Estimated salary range for this position is between $75,000 and $100,000 per annum. A competitive compensation and benefits package that reflects your experience will be offered.CONTACT
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Human Resources ( email@example.com )Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming