Sales SpecialistTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.You will be working as a Sales Specialist and will be the part of the Smart Power & Smart Buildings Division based in Montreal, QC. In this role you will be reporting to the Regional Sales Manager in the assigned territory of Cambridge, Golden Horseshoe, supporting our divisional strategy.This position reports to
Channel ManagerYour responsibilities
- Selling products/systems to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for the assigned Divisions and Product Groups.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
- Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers, taking initiatives in driving the marketing campaigns, promotional activities as and when required with the support and actively liaising with the product marketing team.
- Identifying and driving the development of new market, segment, customer profile related opportunities in the designated market as well as ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Managing administrative procedures in sales processes as per company policy, legal guidelines, support collection and project management activities when needed, supporting offers creation in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Product Marketing Specialist / Marketing & Sales Manager.
- Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions as well as internal ABB legal guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent, or MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years plus of sales experience in large, complex, fast-pace, matrixed, innovative organizations, with direct management of Electrification Products and solutions business within designated geography.
- Ability to create and communicate marketing messages and value propositions effectively to all the business stakeholders.
- Experience in dealing and understanding Smart Power and Smart Buildings Product and Solutions portfolio, especially as it relates to the ecosystem of channel partners, segments & digital selling.
- Strong problem solving, learning agility and ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues. Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time. Results focused and able to work well under pressure and against tight deadline.
- Analytical and strategic in consolidating data into valuable information for the business to act upon.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, excellent communication skills and senior executive presence. Self-driven with networking, collaboration, and intercultural skills.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English language is a must.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Sales and Marketing