Title: ScotiaMcLeod Investment Associate - Saskatoon, SK
Requisition ID: 65318
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
As a senior member of the Wealth Advisor's support team, the Investment Associate's primary purpose is to work closely with the Advisor in the development and the management of their book of business by providing effective client service and contributing to business development and sales related activities.
- Generate Sales or Revenue by:
- Identifying new business opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue.
- Utilizing an in-depth knowledge of products and services to identify new opportunities within the existing client base.
- Maintaining a good understanding of client profiles and that of the Advisor's investment strategy used to implement client objectives and reach their goals.
- Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor.
- Maintains Regulatory Oversight by:
- Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations and trades as per PortfolioAid, and that they are in line with clients' financial goals, objectives, and risk levels.
- Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the clients risk tolerance.
- Ensuring all queries are answered and closed.
- Recommendations are backed by the firm or documented research.
- Understanding how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk
- Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
- Implementing service level expectations as set out in collaboration with the advisor.
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations to clients.
- Working with the Advisor to develop and to distribute client communications and marketing materials.
- Providing recommendations to Advisor for improvements of the team's business processes.
- Working closely with relationship managers and specialists in order to drive the business forward.
- Coordinate and Execute Business Development by:
- Managing marketing programs, including development, approvals and implementation.
- Prospecting and following up on client leads.
- Developing content and maintaining Advisor website.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the Branch Team by
- Acting as a leader to other assistants on the team and within the branch by providing direction and coaching.
- Regularly reviewing practices to ensure administrative processes are streamlined, administrative tasks are being completed, and logging work for tracking purposes.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
- Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
- Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
- Championing a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Championing a client focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge within Scotia Wealth Management
- The investment associate acts independently on the accountabilities of their particular role as agreed upon with the advisor (i.e segment of the book of business, generating desired target revenue, etc...)
- The investment associate will review and/or escalate to an advisor any client issues that may put the firm, the advisor, or the bank at risk
- The Investment Associate will work regularly with Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Charles River ( trading platform), Salesforce (CRM) and other related software, applications and resources to support the business.
- Licensing with IIROC as a Registered Representative is a requirement of the role
Education/ Work Experience
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and effectively works independently.
- Strong ability to maintain deadlines.
- Understands industry and firm's compliance regulations & requirements.
- In-depth industry knowledge.
- Chartered Financial Planner (CFP)
- Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
- Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
- Registered Representative Training (RRT)
- Relevant licensing as required by the Advisor's business.
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Law, Investment, Business Development, Finance, Legal, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance