Amazon WorkDocs is looking for engineering and design leader to create beautiful, customer-focused user experiences for enterprises. WorkDocs provides experiences for editing, sharing, collaboration, and review, which enables file-driven workflows common in business environments.
As an SDEII you focus on improving the customer user experience, you are a hands-on designer and leader who will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will help define and drive our UX vision for multiple platforms - web, mobile, desktop and also integrations - Windows Explorer, Office, Outlook. Your focus will be to to define, design and work with the broader engineering team to develop user interfaces, systems, and the interaction, visual, and motion design patterns for all customer facing experiences . You are a customer-focused, detail-obsessed, creative leader who has successfully designed and delivered consumer products at broad scale. You also have strong design, business, and technology intuition and you're able to think big and stay connected to the details. You are a tireless advocate for design excellence with an impressive ability to build bridges and collaborate with other teams and stakeholders.
- Lead the design of sophisticated UX and work with the engineering team and other designers to design, develop and iterate on UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Define and drive the vision & identity for Amazon WorkDocs
- Use business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Dive deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to drive product innovation and iteration
- Lead brainstorming sessions and design reviews
- Create storyboards, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Lead or participate in quick and iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement
- Evangelize concepts and designs to a diverse audience, in both ad-hoc and formal presentations
- Stay on the cutting edge of what's new in technology and user experience, identifying opportunities to and experimenting with applying new technologies and interaction patterns to customer problems
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- n online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading projects in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team including designers, hardware engineers, writers, product managers and software developers
- Proven ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Fluency in best practices for mobile platforms and system information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience in designing cross platform experiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming