Come join us and help build and scale security, while responding to security issues across the largest global cloud provider. Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We continually look for way to invent and simplify to scale AWS security as it expands, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As a Security Engineer you will drive operational excellence by creating processes, procedures and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day Incident Response tasks and projects. You will work closely on supporting internal customers, ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
You'll provide critical support for the Security Operations team on an on-call rotation by performing research to enhance the stance of Security, and the efficiency of Operations, through metrics and data analysis.
You will be integral to developing and improving incident response within the security space. Responsibilities include driving initiatives regarding scripting improvements to existing tools & processes. You'll also providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the AWS platform and customer base.
You will drive quality into the metrics we report to assist us in focusing on the areas that give us the best ROI. This includes measurement of our project plans, issues, and cycle times.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, (or) 5+ years' equivalent technology experience
• 3 + years experience building scalable security utilities and tools
• 3 + years experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• 3+ years experience in host, network and application security
• 2+ years experience building automated tools, preferably in Python, Go, and/or JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years' equivalent technology experience.
• Previous experience on a Security Operations team, or experience coordinating responses to security incidents
• Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
• Experience with virtualization technologies, familiarity with AWS services is highly valued in particular
• Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance