At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The Enterprise Audit group is looking for Senior Accountants to join its dynamic team.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. What you will do
As a Senior Accountant you will be required to:
- Apply KPMG's audit and accounting practices and methodologies at client engagements.
- Conduct external and internal financial statement audits for both public and private companies
- Leadership of field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Perform analysis of complex accounting issues.
- Perform financial and systems analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- Commerce degree, major in Accounting preferred.
- Successful completion of the CFE and/or working towards a CPA designation.
- Post graduate experience with a public accounting firm is an asset.
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Previous experience using the various accounting frameworks applicable in Canada (IFRS, ASPE, NPO and/or Public Sector).
- Previous SOX/PCAOB audit experience.
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties.
- Previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Able to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. #LI-Hybrid Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.