You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG's Enterprise practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant or Manager role in our Enterprise practice with advancement opportunity available based on performance. As a Senior Accountant or Manager, you will be required to apply KPMG's accounting practices and methodologies on client's engagements and have the ability to manage the relationship with the clients, practice leaders, and junior staff. What you will do
- Oversee and manage a wide range of client engagements including review engagements, compilation engagements and tax compliance, etc. for owner-managed businesses.
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan.
- Counsel, train, and mentor staff.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises and Canadian corporate and personal tax
- Aptitude for business development, both internally and externally
- Dedication and strong work effort.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- History of delivering quality service and value to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a Canadian CPA designation.
- 3+ years postgraduate experience.
- Professional accounting firm experience is a must
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Mentoring and developing team members through performance management.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com