At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting team is growing and looking for a talented professional at the consulting level to join the KPMG's Advisory team in Saskatoon. The successful candidate will focus primarily on delivering IT Audit services, as well as and IT project and Technology advisory services to clients in the financial services, technology, telecom, and public sector space. You will also lead delivery while providing guidance and mentorship to our new hires.
Learn more about KPMG Technology Risk Consulting here.
At KPMG we have embraced a virtual first work environment; however, this role must be located in Saskatoon, SK. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our Technology Risk Consulting practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
As a Consultant, you will be accountable for the following;
What you bring to the role
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls, including general IT controls and automated controls embedded within information systems in support of our external audit engagements.
- Perform other engagements within the context of supporting the external audit, IT internal audit or attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessment of controls.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing processes and procedures.
- Evaluate the risks and the adequacy of controls associated with IT, applications, operating systems, databases and interfaces and business cycle controls
- Interact with various clients to understand their environments and needs; manage expectations of clients and different managers/partners.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Completion of or working towards one or a combination of the following designations: CPA, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Experience with IT General Controls and controls-based audits (e.g., CSAE 3416 or SSAE 18).
- Experience with the identification and or evaluation of process level controls.
- Experience in the testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills being able to express insights, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (within Canada), when safe to do so and travel restrictions are lifted.
Keys to your success:
- Understanding of Industry Standards and frameworks such as COBIT, ISO 27001 and 27002, NIST and COSO is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of IT and audit risks. Understanding of business processes is an asset.
- Experience within an external audit practice. is considered an asset.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Customer Service and Support