Permanent Primary Location:
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada All Available Locations:
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.The Public Sector Accounting Operations Advisory team in Saskatchewan is rapidly expanding and we are looking to develop the next generation of public sector leaders. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Consultant in our practice, you will:
About the team
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams across the country, as the opportunity arises (virtually, with some travel opportunities)
- Participate and have the opportunity to lead idea generation in response to client problems
- Drive the execution of engagement activities
- Develop and execute timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Support leadership by participating in, and leading, marketplace sales initiatives and activities, such as proposal response writing
Deloitte's Public Sector Accounting Operations Advisory practice aims to support organizations by providing confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
- Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools leveraging capabilities such as Robotic Process Automation); and
- Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience in working for or in public sector organizations, or who are passionate about advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates that are conversant in IFRS, NPO (Not-for-Profit) and/or PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Must have completed or are working toward the completion of the CPA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience with public sector organizations
- Must possess strong accounting and finance skills
- Experience in the public sector industry is a strong preference
- Some experience with broad advisory skillsets including project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership - to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Project management discipline and structure
- Problem solving skills (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Operational mindset (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills,
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- A desire to leverage technology in performing work, including running virtual projects, leading collaboration tools, driving efficiencies in data analysis through Excel, VBA etc.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production