Permanent Reference code
:107321 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver, BC; Burlington, ON; Bécancour; Calgary, AB; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton, AB; Farnham; Fredericton, NB; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax, NS; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa, ON; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John, NB; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon, SK; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Working in Risk Advisory offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment, which presents you with the opportunity to continually grow and learn from people with different backgrounds and working styles. You will synthesize and communicate complex analyses to different teams for them to take effective action. You will work through exciting challenges with peers and colleagues, solving complex and substantial problems. Personally, you will share your successes and learnings with colleagues that will expand your network and become colleagues for life.
As a QRM team member, you will interact with engagement teams, review documentation and will support all levels of firm practitioners with a specific focus of supporting Practice Reviews and ISQM (International Standard on Quality Management) implementation and monitoring. This role supports the practice in complying with regulatory and policy requirements, improving the quality and efficiency of our work, and to protect our brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assisting in planning, execution and reporting around practice review processes including support for related tools.
• Co-ordinating and engaging with engagement teams and practice reviewers to assist in timely completion and execution of practice reviews.
• Monitoring the quality and completeness of submitted documentation in compliance with ISQM standards and remediating deficiencies.
• Interacting with leaders and managers to develop a risk-based approach in designing, implementing and testing the components of ISQM standards.
• Report on quality and completeness of submitted documentation by engagement teams and overall adherence to QRM processes.
• Analyzing and summarizing findings and insights that may indicate necessity for training.
• Interacting with Learning and Development team to coordinate lessons learnt from practice reviews in Learning curriculum.About the team
The Risk Advisory (RA) Quality and Risk Management (QRM) team supports the RA practice in embedding a culture of quality throughout the engagement lifecycle. Our team consists of specialists that help our engagement teams and leadership to navigate business risks and opportunities, embrace complexity, accelerate performance and gain competitive advantage. We differentiate ourselves by combining deep understanding of Deloitte's business with adequate risk management experience within one team. This role allows for collaboration, experience and exposure in Canada and Chile, along with interaction with other QRM and internal teams. This role will also involve other activities to support the QRM team on a project basis or as needed.Enough about us, let's talk about you
• Bachelor's degree, ideally financial or business-related
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in statutory audit, internal audit, compliance or risk management. Previous work experience in professional services is an asset
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
• Ability to apply appropriate judgment in resolving or escalating issues and making decisions
• Self-starter and able to conceptualize creative approaches and solutions
• Excellent communicator and relationship builder
• Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic to improve process and adaptable to changeOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Management Consulting, Compliance, Risk Management, QC, Internal Audit, Management, Legal, Finance, Quality
Management and Executive