Why WSP? Enhance
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada. The Opportunity:
WSP has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer / Scientist to join our team in Saskatoon or Regina.
You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele.
A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in.
Come join a team that is committed to being a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence. A day in the life...
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working collaboratively within the western Canadian Geotechnical, Environmental and Materials practice, your responsibilities may include but won't necessarily be limited to:
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Assuming the role of Engineer / Scientist for environmental projects in Saskatchewan
- Managing projects and tasks relating to environmental compliance and transaction-related due diligence projects, waste management and disposal assessments.
- Undertaking contaminated site investigations, risk management and remediation projects
- Working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Client coordination including communication through verbal and written correspondence
- Analysis of data and preparation of technical reports, work plans and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
- Interpretation of environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet the clients' requirements
- Leveraging opportunities to collaborate with other WSP E&I offices and environmental staff on projects in Western Canadian or international locations
- Other duties as assigned to you from time to time
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in environmental engineering or science, geology, soil science or equivalent
- Registered professional e.g., P.Eng., P.Geol., P.Biol., P.Chem, P.Ag
- Eight years or greater related industry experience in one or more of the following areas contaminated site investigations, remediation projects, environmental compliance, transaction-related due diligence auditing, waste management, disposal and construction related environmental monitoring
- Demonstrated experience managing tasks and projects in a team environment including responsibility for managing project costs and schedule
- Knowledge and experience in Federal and Provincial waste management and contaminated sites legislation, regulations and processes is preferred
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License valid in the province of Saskatchewan and a good driving record (abstract may be required)
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.