Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Prairies, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Regina; Saskatoon
External Posting Description
The Accounting Services Group (ASG) at Deloitte is looking for a Senior Manager that specializes in Canadian Taxation to join the Western Canada offices. This role is unique as it sits within the Audit practice.This opportunity will allow you to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with exceptional business advisors who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Provide value-focused tax solutions and business advice to private businesses and their owners
- Advise, guide and support management and ownership groups in achieving their goals
- Leverage the breadth and depth of our tax practice in serving the needs of our clients.
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients, focused delivering value for those clients
- Guide the development of our emerging tax professionals as they expand their business advisory skillset
Competencies Your role as a senior manager at Deloitte:
- Inspire others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline; create a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top-talent and high-performing teams
- Create opportunities to drive impact: anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging each person's strengths
- Build deep relationships across a diverse network, and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Translate broader strategies into a compelling team visions and goals; align team priorities to achieve business/firm objectives
- Apply deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Establish a strong leadership brand and inspire followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
- Plan and lead engagements focused on exploring and implementing tax strategies that help our clients achieve their goals
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience
- Completion of the CPA In-depth Tax program
- Completion of, or interest in enrolling in, CPA Corporate Reorganizations course and/or Advanced Tax Issues for the Owner Manager
- Commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly explain complex tax and business issues to our clients
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Experienced in business development and building a practice
- Experience working within a small or medium sized firm; working with small and medium sized businesses
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Execute a client service plan and work closely with the Partners in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply