You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Our story
KPMG Family Office works with individuals and families to help manage the complexities of their wealth, so they can continue their success journey and thrive for generations to come.
Our team of dedicated professionals provides independent and objective advice on all aspects of wealth, including financial, business, and personal, as clients navigate life changes, reach milestones and face moments of transition.
Backed by the strength of KPMG's 150-year heritage, we build deep-rooted relationships based on trust, integrity, and shared commitment. Our approach recognizes that every individual and family is unique, and our team across Canada and globally offers personalized advice for every stage of their lives.
A truly integrated process is what sets us apart. We bring together KPMG's deep experience in eight key areas: Tax strategy; Legal, Estate, Trusts and Wills; Dynamics and Governance; Wealth and Investment strategy; Deal advisory; Philanthropy and Impact; Risk Management; and Accounting, Reporting and Administration.
Our diverse perspectives and collaborative approach make a world of difference for the many individuals and families we work with, giving them clarity, stability, and peace of mind for today and for the future. The opportunity
Our Family Office team is rapidly growing, and we are seeking a Senior Manager, Family Office, to support our evolving practice and drive engagements in our Regions West Tax practice. This role is instrumental in helping with the growth and strategic evolution of our Family Office practice in the region and nationally. What you will do
The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of a best in class service offering and contribute to the overall growth of the KPMG Family Office practice.
The individual will be responsible for the following key business domains and initiatives:
What you bring to the role
- Support the Tax Strategy pillar leader to drive and deliver successful client engagements, helping clients ensure compliance in their personal and corporate matters.
- Help evaluate, assess, and anticipate the needs and interests of clients and their families, and recommend potential solutions and value-add services.
- Stay on top of proposed and existing accounting and reporting regulations, and the potential implications to clients.
- Foster strategic and positive relationships with professionals, organizations and third-party vendors that support the service pillar and client needs, including business and personal administration support.
- Collaborate with other KPMG Tax, Audit, Legal and advisory teams to ensure a consistent, reliable, and integrated approach for clients.
- Learn and be proficient in various technologies to support client needs.
- Support the practice leaders and senior managers in their business development strategies, go-to market approach and client/family relationship models.
- Actively contribute and support the proposal and pursuits process.
- Act as a brand ambassador to KPMG Family Office. Help maintain a strong presence in the market and enhance the KPMG brand recognition and reputation.
The successful candidate will have a strategic mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for client service excellence and working with some of the most successful business families/entrepreneurs and high- net-worth families. Furthermore, given the client centric service nature of KPMG Family Office it is of critical importance that this individual can demonstrate the following qualities: Market/client focus
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals and/or family businesses and have a strong understanding of their needs and of the issues they face.
- Understanding of family office, corporate and personal finance, due diligence, and compliance.
- Highly analytical and proficient in accounting and reporting technologies, systems, and software.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to anticipate risks.
- Robust ability in managing multiple demands, priorities, and projects.
- Maintain awareness of emerging economic and market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Natural curiosity and resourcefulness to develop and execute new ideas with pragmatism.
- Deep understanding of the importance of absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Solid aptitude for building trusting relationships with broad groups of stakeholders, prospects, and clients as well as diverse family members.
- Experience in business development and client-facing roles.
- Significant personal presence and excellent networking skills.
- Strong communication, public speaking skills, coaching/mentoring, and leadership skills.
- Sound financial literacy and strong business acumen is a must.
- A strategic thinker with client centric approaches, as well as deep commercial awareness and a collaborative team approach.
- Strong work ethic; entirely trustworthy, caring, and empathic.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- Completion of the In-depth Tax course.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.