KPMG LLP is seeking a Senior Manager to join our growing Infrastructure Advisory practice in Regina, Saskatchewan .
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada due to our deep and specialized knowledge and skills, and unrelenting commitment to client service excellence. As leaders of the industry, we are passionate about earning client trust. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters - that of our clients. When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of accountants, strategists, project financiers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, project managers, asset manager professionals, public policy specialists, and other professionals . Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG's Global Infrastructure Advisory group is seeking a Senior Manager to join our Saskatchewan practice.
Our Global Infrastructure Advisory team - comprising almost 100 professionals nationally - is a multi-disciplinary group of capital project managers, engineers, consultants, accountants, economists, and other specialists , many of whom are former owners, contractors, and/or design or construction professionals from industry. We add value to our clients on their major infrastructure projects by helping them understand and manage the risks associated with their projects. We assist both public sector and private sector clients in the development of strategies to realize their major infrastructure projects by providing a full spectrum of planning, transaction structuring, value for money, procurement, delivery, and asset management and operations advisory services.
In addition, as part of our growing Canadian practice, you will join a team of multi-disciplinary professionals supporting clients locally, regionally and across the country. What you will do This is a position for professionals with 10+ years of industry experience.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team delivering high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients. You will advise on major projects for government (federal, provincial and municipal), as well as the private sector across a wide variety of industries and sectors including social infrastructure (health, education, etc.), energy, resources, agri-food, utilities, real estate, and transportation. You will also assist with business development in western Canada and nationally. Project Development and Delivery
The services the successful candidate will provide to public and/or private sector clients may include:
- Project planning and strategy
- Feasibility, business case, economic and market analysis
- Operational and organizational reviews
- Project performance reviews and healthchecks
- Project funding and financing model development and analysis
- Project risk assessment, including identification and quantification of risks
- Procurement strategy development, and procurement process management
- Development and implementation of project governance and project management frameworks, and related project delivery tools
- Commercial structuring of complex contracts, and contract management
- Project implementation advice through design and construction
- Project controls set-up and/or monitoring (cost and schedule management, risk management, change control, reporting)
- Advisory services related to major organizational transformation (especially those enabled by information technology or capital projects)
The responsibilities of the successful candidate in delivering these services over the course of specific client engagements will include:
- Leading and m anaging teams of KPMG advisory personnel
- Providing leadership, direction, and guidance to senior and executive level client stakeholders
- Defining and presenting client materials including status reports, project reports and presentations
- Actively overseeing the delivery of core analysis responsibilities including primary and secondary research, quantitative data collection and analysis, financial modelling, business analysis, and application of methodologies to achieve client objectives
- Actively developing materials (frameworks, tools, documentation, etc.) that support improved project delivery
- Developing and managing work plans with respect to scope, budget, schedule, and quality of work/deliverables
The successful candidate will help grow the business through:
- Leadership in business development activities
- Development of relationships with other practice areas within KPMG (management consulting, risk consulting, deal advisory, audit and tax) both locally and in other offices
- Maintenance and development of Trusted Advisor relationships with current and future clients
- Leading the development of proposals (both strategic messaging and original content)
- Development of KPMG's profile within the marketplace via industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and presentation at conferences and industry events
The successful candidate will help develop our internal teams through:
What you bring to the role Qualifications:
- Training and mentoring of staff and contributing to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Working closely with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop team capacity and capabilities
- Leading risk management, quality management, and administrative activities
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Planning, Policy, or equivalent professional education. Additionally, an MBA or other post-graduate studies or professional affiliations (e.g. CPA, CFA, P.Eng. PMP, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- 10+ years of industry experience
- A positive, solution-focused mindset
- Proven capabilities of managing and working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional and organizational intelligence
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- The ability to simplify problems and synthesize related content into succinct and clear materials
- Project planning, feasibility study and business case experience
- Project/construction management and/or procurement experience with large capital projects
- Project controls and contract management experience
- A solid understanding of the lifecycle activities supporting an infrastructure asset
- Experience with alterative contract types (e.g. DBB, EPC, EPCM, DBFO, PPPs, etc.)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record at managing multiple and competing priorities
The ability to travel across Canada, periodically as necessary, is also key to this role.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.