Permanent Reference code
:108124 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Bécancour; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton, AB; Farnham; Fredericton, NB; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax, NS; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa, ON; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John, NB; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon, SK; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
The Culture and People team is seeking a Senior Manager, National Indigenous Program Lead! This role can be based anywhere in Canada.What will your typical day look like?
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
In this role, you will be accountable for:
About the team
- Leading the execution of our Culture and People strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan in support of achieving our strategic goals of maximizing the experience of Indigenous employees at the firm and prospects
- Managing the development and implementation of a set of strategic initiatives in collaboration with other leaders and stakeholders across the firm reflecting Indigenous cultures in the ideation, design and execution while deepening the firm's knowledge of reconciliation (example projects include the creation of an Elder/knowledge Keeper in Residence Plan, incorporation of Indigenous cultural practices, create a mentorship program for Indigenous employees)
- Working collaboratively with diverse, multi-functional teams to ensure all projects make an impact that matters
- Providing direction, coaching, and support to team members deployed from a pool of flexible resources to deliver on project outcomes
- Providing thought leadership and contributing insights and ideas to support the design and delivery of strategic initiatives and challenge the status quo by drawing on knowledge and understanding of systemic barriers Indigenous peoples face
- Establishing new and developing existing relationships with Indigenous communities, organizations and leaders both internally and externally
The Chief Culture and People Office (CCPO) delivers business-focused, efficient and innovative programs focused on bringing our "I could have only done it at Deloitte" people promise to life. The CCPO function consists of Business Experience (HR Business Partners), People Experience (HR Operations) and an agile Workplace Experience Centre of Expertise (CoE), supported by dedicated: Learning & Development; Partner & Alumni Experience; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Digital Experience; and, Culture & Change functions. Together these teams bring a diverse set of capabilities together to create a fundamentally different talent experience that is powered by digital, data-driven, employee-centric, leading practice, and enabled from the centre.Enough about us, let's talk about you
This opportunity is for you if you are someone who has capabilities and lived experience in the following areas:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- 10+ years of experience in people, culture, consulting and/or employee experience related fields
- Demonstrated client service & delivery excellence, ideally related to human resources or human capital, with the ability to take initiative and operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven leadership & team management across multiple initiatives/workstreams in parallel
- Experience building program/project plans, assembling teams and rallying them to drive transformation efforts and an openness to creative ideas, innovation, and experimentation
- Extensive experience working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples (and communities and expertise in issues faced by Indigenous peoples and communities in Canada
- Experience fostering and maintaining relationships with all levels of leadership including Indigenous communities, Elders and Knowledge Keepers, etc.
- Direct exposure to culture and people programs such as on-boarding, learning and development, health and wellness programs, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple and effective manner
- Demonstrated experience working iteratively to develop and advance initiatives and solutions, with a focus on quality and value, and end-customer impact
- Project management utilizing agile or iterative, consultative approaches with an outcomes focus
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Program Manager, QC, Project Manager, Developer, Equity, Management, Quality, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive