At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise by hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Saskatoon Resources Group, operating as a technical expert on engineering design challenges for our clients across multiple industries. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer within the Resources Group, you will work on both new construction and brownfield projects. The Resources Group provides service to the mining, and industrial clients. You will apply your mechanical design knowledge on project work from conceptual design and studies through to project completion. Effective communication, technical quality, cost effectiveness, building and maintaining client relationships, and providing guidance to a team of designers and junior engineers are integral parts of this role.
Our team is growing, and as a result we're adding engineers and designers to our group. As part of the Resources team in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, you'll be responsible for driving forward our ambitious plans to enhance our service offering in the province and beyond, through your work with a close-knit team of engineering specialists, professionals, and technical staff. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. We offer flexible work options including remote work.
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Responsible for the design of piping systems, process and mechanical equipment including design and selection of static and rotating equipment
- Knowledge of piping stress analysis will be considered an asset
- Supervision and guidance of team of designers and junior engineers
- Perform engineering calculations, review and sealing of documents
- Prepare technical specifications, datasheets, requisitions and perform technical bid evaluations of process and mechanical equipment
- Project Manager for discipline lead projects as assigned by the Team Lead
- Build and maintain client relationships and respond to client requests, travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews as required
- Working knowledge of industrial HVAC systems will be considered an asset
- Always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites
- 10+ years' experience as a mechanical/piping P.Eng working primarily in design roles
- CAESAR II Pipe stress analysis experience will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of ASME, API, MSS, ASTM, NFPA standards
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations
- Registered Professional Engineer in Saskatchewan, other provinces/states a benefit
- Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs
- Project experience in power plants, mines, mills, industrial sites, infrastructure, pulp and paper is beneficial
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment
- Ability to communicate in French language is an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.