WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical Department, located in the Saskatoon office, with a hybrid work model. Reporting to the Director, Mechanical & Electrical, this position will be responsible for taking design projects from start to finish.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will apply a high level of technical and professional mechanical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team with overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards. The position is also responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Mechanical Engineering Director. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities, and requires a high level of responsibility.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Mechanical Engineering Director, develops mechanical design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Actively participates in all projects during design and construction
- Successfully develops relationships with engineers, technologists, technicians, and construction personnel
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develops standards related to our mechanical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction
- Utilizes industry-specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Preparation of reports, proposals, tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans, and other supporting documentation, as required
- Manages all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring
- Mentors junior mechanical staff
- When necessary, becomes involved with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting purposes
- A university degree or college diploma in mechanical engineering from an accredited institution or equivalency.
- 10+ years of experience in Buildings consulting mechanical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required.
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Association of Professional Engineers, and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS), along with LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CARRIER HAP or TRANE Trace, and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required. Knowledge of Revit is considered an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and detail orientation skills
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Effectively manages a variety of projects simultaneously
- Able to balance work and personal requirements
- Enjoys working in a professional office environment, with occasional client and site visits, and work outside of normal business hours
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.