1800 Scarth Street
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Facilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications. Ensures the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies.
We're here to help
- Develops new business by contacting prospects and clients, and by cross-selling Bank products and services that include credit, trust/investment and cash management.
- Participates and provides leadership in Bank and community activities to increase Bank's brand visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Applies deep expertise in bank products, processes and systems and effectively trouble shooting to ensure a high-quality client experience.
- May coordinate closing with closing department, clients and attorneys.
- Serves as a daily escalation resource to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Advises clients on loan products, options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- May advise business clients on cash management/deposits solutions.
- Advises clients, where possible, on business management and other financial matters.
- Develops and manages Commercial banking relationships, plans for prospective clients;
- may include focused calling and pipeline management activities.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Provides oversight, monitoring, and reporting specific to assigned business group for regulatory remediation.
- Analyzes financial and related data to determine the needs of the client for proper structuring of the Bank's products and services.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Ensures proper documentations for loans and cash management services.
- Reviews loan applications and cash management service agreements for completeness and accuracy and submits applications to appropriate departments for timely processing.
- Evaluates and structures loan requests, determining appropriate documentation for Approved loans.
- Negotiates terms under which credit/cash management services will be extended, including costs, repayment method, collateral requirements.
- Ensures extension of credit/delivery of cash management services is in accordance with corporate policies, pricing guidelines, portfolio considerations.
- Follows up after closing to insure all documents are completed and filed.
- Acts as daily sales contact for clients on sales related questions such as product information, pricing, implementation timeframes and requirements.
- Gathers data to advance sale process and completes all required documentation.
- Assists team in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation, client research, preparation of prospect and client files for further action.
- Tracks implementation requests to keep the process on track with timelines.
- Tracks Internal reports and recommends improvements to sales support materials based on findings and feedback.
- Compiles pre-call and post call information packages by accessing internal systems and bank personnel to validate client holdings, pricing, and volumes.
- Provides research and data gathering to sales team to facilitate solution to the client's/prospect's business and needs.
- Assists with sales and service administration and processing ensuring client experience is seamless and opportunities are identified and met.
- Maintains current client information on Bank system/files to ensure client history is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accurate billing to clients.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If a Credit Qualifiable job, Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the established qualification standards.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Sales and Marketing