Security is a very important consideration for any application connected to the internet. Amazon Cognito helps customers secure some of the most critical data including credentials of the end users of their mobile or web applications. Amazon Cognito provides easy to use authentication, authorization, and user management for web and mobile apps. As the customer demand is increasing rapidly, we are poised to grow the team to add new functionality that will delight all our customers from the developer directly using our service APIs, to the IT administrators managing our customers' identity solutions and to the end users logging into the customers' apps. We need brilliant engineers to work with us on this new initiative and help us tackle new challenges.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will build features to enable developers to rapidly and effortlessly build an easy to use, frictionless sign-in and signup experiences for their customers, providing an always-on internet authentication and authorization for end users with a fully featured customer identity experience with strong, adaptive protection mechanisms and access to cutting-edge techniques that help prevent, detect, mitigate and respond to today's complicated threat landscape. You will be part of a high performing development team that owns end-to-end development for the service.
A successful candidate is a software developer who has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems from scratch, can operate independently demonstrating strong judgement in face of technical problems and successfully deliver projects. Ideally, experience with security and/or systems would make it easier to hit the ground running. If this sounds like you, come join us and help write a new chapter in the computing story for the industry.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or C++ including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with developers, product managers, and our customers
- Masters degree in Computer Science equivalent
- Understanding of OIDC, OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization protocols
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming