Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where it came from? If solving complex problems while delighting customers is your passion, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
The Vancouver-based Fulfillment Execution (FEX) team, part of the SCOT Fulfillment Optimization group, owns systems responsible for executing customer orders by managing shipment life cycle from planning to fulfillment, orchestrating billions of worldwide shipments for Amazon. We build solutions that are central to the order and fulfillment pipelines and to the supply chain systems' operation and impact core front-end customer facing functionality. In order to delight our customers, we rely on complex software systems which have to scale to meet Amazon's growing business needs.
As a Software Developer/Engineer on the FEX team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining this large, complex software system. You will develop highly available, business impacting services at the core of Amazon's fulfillment engine. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will also work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders from World-wide Operations, Finance, Fulfilled-By-Amazon, and internal technical teams to define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions. The world is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will be able to learn as much as you contribute.
Successful candidates will be strong developers who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You should enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers. We have a team culture that encourages innovation, requires operational excellence, and expects developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years professional software design and development experience
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Solid programming skills with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, C++, C#).
- Strong experience in object-oriented design, data structures, automated testing, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Deep technical expertise and hands-on architectural understanding of cloud-scale, fault-tolerant distributed and service-oriented systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Has delivered large-scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Deep understanding of software development life cycle and a good track record of shipping software on time
- Ability to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support
- Experience with an e-commerce, transportation, or big data company
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean software development experience
- Have had impact and influence on team processes
- Have had impact and influence across multiple teams
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and at ease in optimizing algorithms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming