Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, C++, Swift, Linux.
You will tackle challenging situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with OO design and common design patterns.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Master's/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience as a key member of a full-stack engineering team participating in the complete product development life cycle of successfully launched applications.
- Experience with designing and building systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Experience optimizing for short-term execution while planning for long-term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
- Academic and/or industry experience with one of more of the following domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning or large-scale distributed systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming