This position can be located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Do you have a passion for diving deep to build new products that will drive critical business decisions and operations at scale? Are you passionate about Amazon scale Big Data, Machine Learning and the ever-growing Amazon's advertising & marketing landscape? If yes, the Amazon MODE (Media Operations, Data, and Execution) team is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a customer centric, world class marketing & advertising business across channels and geographies. Machine Learning is evolving the way we are building new marketing products, programs and services to smartly measure and optimize marketing campaigns to increase customer engagement. As a senior developer, you will be on the cutting edge of developing big-data solutions to provide actionable data insights in this dynamic marketing landscape.
If you are passionate about Amazon-scale Big Data, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics software, join our team within the that is strategically and uniquely organized with SDEs, DEs, Product managers and Data/Applied Scientists to solve challenging predictive analytics problems at Amazon scale by providing data driven actionable insights.
You will operate as a mix of strategic thinker, mentor and implementer. You will spend the bulk of the time as designing & architecting product innovations and contributing to the ongoing evolution of the big-data product. You will mentor team SDEs who work closely with customers and product managers to develop and deliver product deliveries.
You will influence science leaders, product manager and engineering leaders. Part of this role requires influencing the product vision and strategy. You will drive choices for decision-making product features. You will work closely with engineers & science who are building the machine learning systems to deliver ads across platforms influencing product features and architectural choices.
Key job responsibilities
• Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Independently own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application on midsize to large complex projects
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Work closely with principle engineers and principle data engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new a product/feature development.
• Builds software solutions where the problem may sometimes not be well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
About the team
We are a new global team that is innovating the cross-channel media strategy and planning, buying, marketing operations, campaign reporting and measurement processes.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of broad engineering experience including infrastructure and application development in AWS infra, Java, Python and or C/C+
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Experience in designing, and building complex software systems.
• Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
• Experience with Agile Management, OO Modeling, UNIX, and database related projects
• Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem and hands-on knowledge of MapReduce (Hadoop, Spark, Pig) technology
• Experience with Data Lakes and/or Large analytic Systems
• Experience working on automated marketing technologies
• Familiarity with various AWS technologies (S3, DynamoDb, Kinesis, EMR, Cloudformation, Sagemaker, SNS/SQS) and related architecture pattern
Regular and Reduced Time (F, R)* jobs based in Colorado and virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,100 to 227,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming