About Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI)
Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) is a Crown corporation that is a subsidiary of Crown Investments Corporation of Saskatchewan (CIC), employing over 2,000 people with its corporate head office located in Regina, Saskatchewan. Our operations are split between the Saskatchewan Auto Fund, which administers the auto insurance program in Saskatchewan, and SGI Canada, a fully-competitive property and casualty insurance division operating in five Canadian provinces. SGI Canada also offers a non-standard auto product in Ontario under the trade name Coachman Insurance Company. This role will work out of the Regina, Saskatchewan office.
SGI’s Key Goals
SGI’s areas of focus are:
1. SGI CANADA growth – Accelerate sustainable, profitable growth that protects the company’s competitiveness and financial viability
2. Customer centricity – Develop a deeper understanding of how to increase value for customers; strengthen the ability to deliver that value
3. Traffic safety – Prevent deaths, injuries and property damage caused by traffic collisions
4. Operational excellence – Enhance foundational business structures and processes, and develop employees to optimize the delivery of the strategic plan
We also recognize that to be truly customer-centric, we must first be employee-centric. So, we’re also working to ensure employees are engaged and have the tools, training, and desire to achieve corporate goals. If you’re thinking this position has a lot to do with those tools, you’re right!
The Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant will be responsible for the development and support of ongoing talent sourcing plans that focus on the short and long term human resource planning of SGI. This position will be responsible for the full cycle of the talent acquisition process while also developing & adapting talent acquisition best practices. As SGI continues to expand rapidly, this Talent Acquisition Consultant will be looked upon to forecast future needs, develop a strategy and give SGI a competitive edge in a culture where everyone is a leader.
This new position will have the opportunity to develop new processes that will challenge the status quo and be directly involved in its implementation and execution. From sourcing, to interviewing and onboarding candidates, the incumbent will be responsible for establishing the talent acquisition strategy and a best in class candidate experience. In this changing culture and environment the HR Consultant, Talent Acquisition will be the leader in analyzing trends and data as well as researching & building labour market intelligence to ensure SGI adapts to the industry best practices.
Note: This section is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities – other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
1. Staffing Services
- Coaches hiring managers throughout the talent acquisition process, including consulting to identify needs and developing creative and targeted sourcing strategies to attract exceptional candidates with the required competencies and experience to meet both short-term and long-term business goals.
- Provides a customized approach to sourcing channels that best attracts talent behavior and skillset specific to the position.
- Works in partnership with the business to build proactive pipelines, including the building of strategic partnerships with post-secondary institutions and select organizations.
- Handles more complex staffing requests, using sound judgment and provides guidance, advice, and mentorship to the team on talent acquisition changes and advancements.
- Leads the recruitment and selection process for vacancies with client group.
- Consults with and provides guidance to management with respect to all staffing processes, including collective bargaining agreement (CBA) interpretation, labour standards and employment legislation (by jurisdiction), etc.
- Provides guidance and prepares managers for both formal and informal selection panel and/or grievances with the union.
- Leads the movement towards data-driven decisions around talent (analysis of succession, pipelines, retirements, churn, etc.) to drive the development of talent acquisition plans to support the business.
- Prepares and conducts presentations on talent acquisition processes to impacted audiences, including delivering workshops, information sessions, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate and partner with other teams in HR.
2. Process and Program Development
- Supports continuous improvement by actively participating in analyzing and identifying gaps and opportunities to improve support to the business.
- Develops solutions that are aligned with broader HR practices as well as meeting operational needs.
- Recommends and leads changes to recruitment processes, policies and tools.
- Proactive in identifying potential biases in recruiting and developing alternative solutions.
- Researches and stays abreast of industry and talent acquisition best practices to adapt them to SGI’s operational needs.
- Researches and understands labour trends in all of SGI’s markets nationally.
- Assists in analyzing metrics and reporting to identifying trends to make effective change.
3. Diversity and Inclusion
- Active leadership role in the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Develops and implements attraction strategies that result in a pipeline of qualified candidates that support our diversity, equity, and inclusion program.
4. Candidate Experience
- Consults, builds and maintains relationships with applicant pool to ensure a positive experience with SGI:
- Promotes SGI as an employer of choice at events.
- Prepares and conducts presentations on staffing processes for internal stakeholders, outreach agencies, educational institutions and other interest groups.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with targeted equity groups and community associations for recruiting activity to assist in building a representative workforce.
- Leverages social media, personal networking and other channels to build on the candidate experience.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to ensure all candidates have a positive experience and perception of SGI throughout the recruitment and selection process.
5. Leadership & Corporate Management
- Actively contributes to and supports a culture of a high performing workforce.
- Participates in divisional succession plans, ensuring ongoing professional and career development and supports development in others.
- Supports a culture of leadership and accountability to effectively deliver on strategic and corporate strategies.
- Is actively committed to leadership development across the company, supporting team and workforce readiness through mentoring, training, and developmental opportunities.
- Enables the success of programs and policies that are in alignment with corporate, strategic, and divisional strategies.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources with a focus on talent acquisition, best practices and consultation. Must have a bachelor’s degree in business administration or commerce with a specialization in human resources as well as a Chartered Professional in Human Resource (CPHR) designation. The incumbent of this position will also have the following skill set and experience:
- Knowledge of best practices, applicable legislation, and the CBA as they relate to talent acquisition.
- Knowledge of candidate screening and assessment methodology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the ability for minimal travel (5 – 10%)
- Knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and functions and how they interconnect.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and influential relationships with colleagues, external organizations, and business partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide information, advice, or guidance to internal partners and vendors, where expertise is required to negotiate with, influence and/or convince.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to analyze and compile data/metrics to support business recommendations.
- Accountability – Goes Beyond Basic Expectations to Implement Customer/Partner Focused Solutions
- Business Acumen – Applies Business Fundamentals and Thinks in Future-Oriented Terms
- Change Agility – Is Nimble; Shifts Gears Quickly and Comfortably
- Leadership – Leads Self and Others
This role will appeal to an individual that is looking for an opportunity to do challenging work and make their mark as they step into this newly created role. This individual will come in with a diverse human resource skillset and have the opportunity to mentor the rest of the team and develop a staffing plan in an environment with a heavy emphasis on coaching and professional development.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this career opportunity, please forward your resume to AJ.email@example.com" target="_blank">AJ.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778.374.2133.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Human Resources