Think big. The Consumer Reliability Engineering Disco (Distributed Systems Comprehension) team delivers open-source software that enables automated instrumentation and augmentation for all services that make up Amazon. Our mission is to deliver best practices by default while removing friction and eliminating undifferentiated developer effort across all teams at Amazon for security, availability and observability initiatives. Our software integrates existing services with new telemetry and logging streams and supports all Amazon development frameworks. (Open source repo: https://github.com/awslabs/disco)
As a Software Development Engineer in Test on the Disco team, you will lead automation strategies, design solutions, and develop infrastructure and tools to increase test coverage for foundational software that is integrated with thousands of services at Amazon. You will tackle intriguing problems in software quality assurance, while providing coverage for the diverse Amazon service ecosystem. You will hold our software to a high bar in safety, security, and performance, while establishing release safety best practices and guardrails. The Disco product is multi-tenant, and you will reduce duplicate testing effort and operational overhead for Disco tenants by standardizing and automating tenant plugin testing.
As innovators we embrace new technology - you will be empowered to choose the right technology to solve complex problems. You will amplify your impact by working closely with technical and product leaders and drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong problem solving skills
- 1+ years of experience in test automation/test framework design and development
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java (preferred), C++, or C#, including object-oriented design
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Experience in design reviews, defining quality metrics and implementing measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and the overall quality of the deliverables
- Experience in performance testing of large-scale, distributed applications
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially excellence in technical communications with peers who may be remote
- Knowledge of interpreted language runtimes or compilers
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming