Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! We are on a mission in the AWS Events organization to transform the way developers architect, build, and deploy large scale applications that are scalable and secure out of the box. Our goal is to make the development experience plumbing-free and let developers focus their time on bringing new ideas to life and remove undifferentiated heavy lifting from their workflows. We are in the process of building a set of new AWS services in Amazon Vancouver which will help us achieve this mission for AWS customers across the world.
If you are excited about helping shape the developer experience of the future and define how millions of applications in the future will be created and are passionate about distributed systems, user-experience, and working in an autonomous engineering culture, we would like to talk to you!
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the implementation but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You enjoy autonomy and strive to take on more accountabilities and master new skills.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as C#, Python, Ruby, C++ or even Erlang
- Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
- Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science.
- 1+ years of experience developing for a Linux or UNIX environment.
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with data mining software and techniques
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software development practices and design reviews.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming