Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus is looking for software engineers that want to help us grow our newly launched monitoring and alerting service. Customers rely on our service to continuously ingest, store, alert, and query large amounts of data. Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus is part of the AWS open-source observability solutions that enable customers to monitor, analyze, and visualize the performance of their workloads.
We offer you the opportunity to work on a new service in the growing observability space. We have a lot of complex problems to solve and tons of opportunities to grow within our teams. You'll have the chance to contribute to open source and run a fully managed scalable service at AWS, while working with a group of incredibly smart, friendly, and passionate people.
Key job responsibilities
* Design, implement, and test new product features using Go, Kotlin, TypeScript, and leveraging AWS services such as Lambda, Step Functions, S3, DynamoDB, EKS, ECS, and many more
* Operate and maintain a globally available 24x7 service that our customers rely on to monitor the health of their systems
* Contribute to open source software, especially for projects in the observability space, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Cortex, Thanos, and OpenTelemetry
* Help our customers by solving their immediate operational problems, and influencing our roadmap to address their long-term needs
* Collaborate with other members to improve our team's software best practices (e.g., security, quality, operational excellence, etc)
* Participate in hiring and mentoring of new team members
A day in the life
On a typical day, our software engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at . You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
About the team
We are passionate and intentional about growing the careers of our team members. From the start, we pair you up with a buddy to help you navigate the first few months, and tailor an onboarding plan to guide you through your journey to becoming a fully contributing member our team. Your continuous development benefits from one-on-one mentorship from senior software engineers, access to and feedback from principal engineers, and a personalized career development plan with your manager. Our team is made up of engineers with varied experiences that celebrate knowledge sharing and constructive feedback.
Work Life Balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Diverse and Inclusive work culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field, or Equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development
• Enthusiastic self-starter who likes to dig into challenges and propose innovative solutions
• Takes ownership of a challenge and delivers a solid solution
• Team player who actively collaborates across multiple teams to design, build, and review high quality code and systems
• Builds, tests and deploys high-quality secure, scalable, high performing solutions and APIs
• Proficient in computer science concepts such as object-oriented design, data structures, concurrency, performance optimizations
• Design systems with a customer-centric approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in one or more of the following programming languages (Go, TypeScript, Kotlin)
• Experience with designing and building large-scale systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Experience with Kubernetes.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Experience as a contributor or maintainer of a popular open-source project.
• Experience with Prometheus & Grafana.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming