Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Database and Analytics Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms to data analytics to operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as EMR, Redshift, Glue, RDS Aurora and many more.
AWS Glue DataBrew, is a new visual data preparation tool that enables customers to clean and normalize data without writing code. Data analysts and data scientists have wanted an easier way to clean and transform this data, and that's what DataBrew delivers, with a service that allows data exploration and experimentation directly from AWS data lakes, data warehouses, and databases without writing code. AWS Glue DataBrew offers customers over 300 pre-built transformations to automate data preparation tasks (e.g. filtering anomalies, standardizing formats, and correcting invalid values) that would otherwise require days or weeks writing hand-coded transformations. Once the data is prepared, customers can immediately start using it with AWS and third-party analytics and machine learning services to query the data and train machine learning models.
Top reasons to join our team:
* Be a catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product that is growing rapidly
* Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Serverless computing, Spark, Distributed Systems
* Influence and build products that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data workflows
* Be part of big data revolution in the cloud
* Learn how to build and operate distributed systems at massive scale
* You are passionate in building large scale distributed systems
* You thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and bias for action
* Fast paced environments energize you to be at your best
* You have the personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd
* Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
* Technically lead a team of smart engineers on complex projects
* Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
* Code and test complex system modules; develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
* Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
* Own system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
* Collaborate and influence other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
* Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
- Experienced at debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
- 1-2 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Scala, Python, including object-oriented design and API development
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
- Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
- Experience with large-scale data analytics (ETL, data processing/transformations using Spark) and data warehousing
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering with 1+ years of professional software development experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming