Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) enables customers to build large scale highly available services. ELB automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. ELB provides the entry point for building hyper scale, fault tolerant applications. While ELB has seen tremendous growth since launch we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) for ELB High Performance Data Plane, you will be responsible for working with group of top talent in the design and development of a new high performance data plane to enable micro seconds latency for hundreds of billions packets per second and handle significant percentage of Internet traffic. In this role, you design and implement new technologies to enable ELB scaling at massive scale.
Success in this role requires an SDE experienced in building high performance low latency distributed networking applications. You must be familiar with inner workings of packet processing at the kernel level and adept at writing code for distributed packet processing. You should also be an expert in integration of software components and Application Programming Interface (API) development in multiple languages. You should have proven skills in operational excellence for large scale systems, failure monitoring and recovery, metrics and visibility. You are a team player who can work with easily with senior as well as junior engineers. Come work hard and make history with ELB.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience developing TCP, TLS, and HTTP Load Balancers
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of multiple modern programming languages such as Rust, C, or C++ and high performance libraries such as DPDK and Linux XDP
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming