Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancing. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a developer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
You'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platform that will set the standard for cloud computing. On the Route 53 team, you will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate, and think through large-scale globally distributed systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee. You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
• Experience implementing servers in a Linux environment
Software and Programming