The Internet of Things is the fastest growing and a complex field in Cloud engineering today. IoT covers a broad range of technology domains, from smart-home devices to industrial machinery, but the unifying theme is that IoT runs outside the comfortable confines of the datacenter, at the boundary between the digital and physical worlds. IOT device SDKs enable devices to communicate with AWS services. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when embedding technology into physical things , we have the right role for you.
You will be part of the team that builds and maintains IoT Device SDK, enabling our customers to easily and securely develop powerful connected IoT devices.
To be successful in this role, you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the developers expereince and drive relentlessly to optimize and improve our deliverable, and allowing the business to move at a fast pace. You collaborate with product managers, engineers, partner teams, and directly with customers. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You create extensible design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
We are looking for engineers who can work with C on day to day basis, are knowledgeable in other languages (e.g. Java, Python, Typescript, or Python), and be engaging with open source community. You will be a good fit if you want to enable other developers to build amazing products on top of AWS.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- Experience low level system development with C language.
- Experience designing SDKs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming