Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for building great experiences? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a big impact in a company with a global impact and a startup culture? Are you looking to learn and grow with work-class engineers building software used by millions?
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed to respond to your voice commands and queries. We're building solutions and applications behind Alexa products and services to directly bring joy to people's day to day lives. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
The Alexa Household Productivity (AHP) organization is working to make Alexa an indispensable assistant in the home. We build Alexa features such as Timers, Alarms, Reminders, Calendar, Email, Weather and Kitchen with the long-term vision to build an intelligent assistant in all household areas.
As a key member of the Alexa Household Organizations mobile team you will be an innovator, playing a direct role in shaping and building products that customers love on top of Amazon's technology. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced, innovation is encouraged, large-scale projects are the norm, and work-life balance is a top priority. Our #1 team tenet is "Prioritize employee growth and morale," so we aim to work smarter, not harder, and regularly iterate to maintain and improve work-life balance. As an SDE-II at Amazon, you will have the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers by identifying opportunities, designing solutions, collaborating with world-class engineers and delivering large, impactful, end-to-end features and improvements. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day.
About the team
The team is a strong, close-knit group with a focus on learning, growing, and delivering results together. We have regular architecture and knowledge shares, and our high level of team trust makes this the ideal environment to lead and grow to the next level. We own some of the highest traffic pages on the Alexa Mobile App, and deliver solutions which span the mobile to backend stack and impact millions of customers. Our on-call rotation is carefully managed, and rarely involves work outside of office hours, as we have a low defect rate and don't own any backend services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- 3+ years of internship or professional software development experience
- Experience application development experience on iOS or Android
- Experiencing creating and owning large, complex software solutions
- Experiencing mentoring and developing other engineers
- Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
- Ideal candidates have leadership experience on a large, high-performance software development team
- Working knowledge of React Native is desirable
- Proficiency in front-end coding and design
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Self-motivated with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong desire to improve our customer's communication experience
- Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems every day
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming