Are you interested in building out a cloud-scale log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud?
Join the rapidly growing team building OpenSearch, a community-driven, Apache 2.0-licensed open source search and analytics suite that makes it easy to ingest, search, visualize, and analyze data. Developers build with OpenSearch for use cases such as application search, log analytics, data observability, data ingestion, and more. As a member of the the OpenSearch team, you will collaborate with a larger community of companies and individuals to guide, develop, and invest in the long-term availability of these open source products.
AWS is hiring a variety of full-time roles dedicated to developing, enhancing, and supporting OpenSearch. Roles include UX design, software engineering, technical writing, community engagement, and more. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to open-source software in a customer obsessed, highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
The OpenSearch team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
The OpenSearch team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and security analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative builders with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team:
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon OpenSearch team, you will:
. Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
. Work at the core of OpenSearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
. Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
• Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
• Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
• Participate in setting a vision and objectives for OpenSearch in alignment with community needs and opportunities
• Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
• Invent the future of search and log analytics in the cloud
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
5+ years of software development experience in Java, and Python.
Proficient in data structures and algorithms.
Design and build solutions for complex and ambiguous problems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science
• 4+ years of experience in distributed systems design and large-scale data processing
• Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene
• Experience with Machine Learning technologies and model building
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Have a focus on user experience and satisfaction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming