The AWS RDS Control Plane team is looking for talented and passionate senior engineers with strong technical and business systems backgrounds to build and improve frameworks that empower the rest of AWS RDS. You will build systems that are essential to RDS and will be challenged to think outside the box. This position is on a small forward thinking team that is ready to help and support others through innovation. If you are a passionate about working with others, delivering customer focused solutions, and continuously improving standards please apply.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our operations and the businesses they support.
- Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
- Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
A day in the life
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions in your engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an "AWS scale" business impact!
About the team
The AWS Relational Database Service is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, backups, disaster recovery, and monitoring are all reliably handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. Our group in AWS addresses these challenges by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, autonomous management, and repair.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Experience developing micro-services.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement
- Passion for automation and providing a great customer experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming