Are you passionate about enabling millions of customers around to world buy anything, anywhere, anytime? Dealing with large scale distributed systems, orchestrating the entire retail ordering workflow?
We, the ordering team, need strong software development engineers, able to dive deep into abstract problems and come up with innovative designs to help us continuously make our platform ready for our current and future challenges.
SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Come to Amazon and work in one of our teams in the eCommerce services group.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software developmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems architecture, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with Data warehouse technologies
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming