Want to transform the way people enjoy music and radio? Come join the team that brought Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Apple Music, TuneIn, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more to Alexa customers. We are innovating and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices!
Alexa Music team is responsible for the music experience for customers on the go. We define the customer experience for next generation of mobile devices. It is day 1. Join us to become the founding member of a new initiative that involves Alexa, Music, mobile devices, and Internet of Things.
You will own the end to end solution to deliver the best customer experience for music and radio on the go. You will be working closely with business partners, product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Speech Recognition, Research Sciences team, Devices teams, and UX.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a core solution for how Alexa can link to and communicate with Music Service Provider apps across a range of platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 8+ years experience managing software teams with some architectural or distributed systems experience
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience delivering cross-functional projects
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
- Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non- leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming