Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system for AWS that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Are you excited by the idea of working on highly scalable and secure systems that enabling multiple payment methods for our customers? Do you want to make an impact at a $10-billion-a-year business? Then we need to talk!
Key job responsibilities
As a software manager, you have the opportunity to develop and bring ideas to the team to enable new payments methods faster using AWS technologies and inventing new solutions. Additionally, you will build high performance teams that will help AWS to bring our largest customers over to the Cloud. As an Amazon manager, you get to own roadmap and set the directions of your team.
A day in the life
As a manager within AWS Payments, you will lead a team of high performing engineers. You will interface with many teams across AWS including our Billing, Payments and Financial groups, building high-scale payment processing systems that will seamlessly meet B2B needs for AWS customers. In order to meet the needs of AWS' businesses, these next generation services must have self-service features, be configuration driven, and deliver superior operational excellence. Additionally, AWS services need to be highly scalable, extremely secure, and have near real time response times. You will
About the team
AWS Payments enables hundreds of millions of customers globally to pay for AWS products and services, and understand their financial status. We process millions of invoices every month, for billions of dollars of IT usage and spend, collect payments, and account for revenue. As security, accuracy and availability are critical to our customers, our AWS Payments team's mission is to provide world-class secure, compliant, accurate and multi-region Payments systems, for our customers across the world.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant, engineering experience, and at least 3 years of people management experience
- Minimum of six years of experience developing mission critical online services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming