Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech at Amazon is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for the broader finance organization. We are looking for a software development manager to join us and innovate for our customers. You will get the opportunity to build a team and lead software development in a greenfield area using AWS services, big data technologies and machine learning.
About this role:
We are building a goal management/OKR (Objective and key results) application that facilitates decisions by providing a central source of truth for goal definition, metrics, and status. The goal management application provides intuitive and flexible reporting for goals throughout the commitment lifecycle: from inception through the reporting of final results. Thousands of Amazon employees use it each day to inform their leadership about progress toward their goals. Functional and performance improvements to the system can simplify our customers' lives and improve the quality of information that is used to make critical decisions every day. We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Software Development Manager to help deliver Goal management to our customers.
Our ideal candidate is customer focused and enjoys the challenge of complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
Software Development Managers at Amazon are owners. You will own your team, your roadmap and the end to end customer experience. You will drive engineering and operational excellence in your team and build delightful products for your customers. You will partner with business stakeholders and will strive to earn their trust. You will work directly with your customers and will constantly innovate on their behalf. You will be a great people manager and enjoy working with diverse mindsets.
In this role you will be responsible for creating world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
As a technology leader, you will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation where developers and management alike take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
- Develop and own product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers.
- Execute projects within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Participate in business reviews with executive leadership.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming