Do you have the passion for building new shopping experiences for millions of customers, the appetite for continuous learning, and the ability to turn new ideas into reality?
The Replenishment Services & Innovations team (RSI) is looking for a talented Software Development Manager III with a strong sense of ownership and passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. You will have the opportunity to lead the team to build smart and personalized experiences for customers to seamlessly re-order their everyday essential products. Re-ordering of consumables is a multi-billion opportunity for Amazon . We use a variety of optimization approaches to drive the discovery, engagement and conversion for customers' everyday essential products.
The Replenishment Services team in Vancouver has a single threaded focus is to solve key, shared issues across replenishment programs to improve the effortless ordering and reordering of replenishable products. Sister teams like Subscribe & Save focus on providing one or zero click shopping experiences to customers; meanwhile, the Services team leverages Amazon's massive amount of data on shopping behavior to improve upon and build new experiences with the goal of making Amazon the go-to destination for shoppers looking to replenish their everyday essentials.
You will design, coordinate, and execute technical solutions that scale globally. Managing numerous complex systems and organizations, you will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs between business vs. technical constraints, clearly communicate goals, roles, and responsibilities. You will be responsible to identify, hire and build a world-class team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute a multi-year vision. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
If this sounds interesting, we look forward to hearing from you and chatting about next steps.
Key job responsibilities
This team is a great fit for you if
• You want to independently deliver technically challenging, highly visible initiatives with direct impact to the ecosystem of multi-billion dollar programs
• You like to work across end-to-end stacks and with cross-functional teams to bring new ideas to life
• You want to demonstrate your ability to continuously deliver results using incremental innovation and simplification.
• You want to build a customer facing product across the whole software development life cycle from ground-up in an entrepreneurial, start-up like environmentBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 7+ years of Software Development experience; 2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications •
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming